The Power of Wood
The forest sector has reduced its carbon footprint substantially over the past three decades, committed to fuel efficiency and independence.
Today's forest industry uses the entire tree. By shifting to wood chips and residues to generate energy, the forest industry has:
- Reduced total energy use by 30%
- Reduced its fossil fuel use by 53%
- Reduced greenhouse gas emissions by 45%
- Increased its energy self-sufficiency from 40-60%
Modern forest management policies make a difference. They cut greenhouse gases, create more oxygen and…
- Restore unhealthy forests.
- Regenerate habitat.
- Create climate-friendly products.
- Provide a bio-energy alternative.